Work placement while studying
Did you know that the very best thing you can do to improve your graduate employability is to secure a work placement while studying? Some TAFE Queensland programs require work placements to be completed.
When companies look for graduates, they prefer students who have completed a work placement while studying as they provide a lot of exposure and make them work in a real life work situation.
No doubt, an education on campus provides theoretical knowledge and confers a qualification, but one has to pass the real exam at the workplace. So, you cannot ignore the importance of doing a work placement while you are still studying.
By securing a work placement, you will be setting yourself up with a number of attributes that will help you stand out from your competition when that elusive graduate position is advertised:
- You will have real professional experience to add to your resume.
- You will prove to your new employer that you have been deemed worthy by another employer. They took the time to invest in you, so you must be good.
- You will have started to develop an understanding of the soft skills you have. These are critical when it comes to applying for a graduate position.
- You might even manage to convince your work placement provider to hire you when you graduate.
- You will improve your confidence significantly. You’ve already done this once, so you can do it again.
- You will build upon your network of industry contacts, which will lead to further employment opportunities.
- You will be able to tell the crucial difference between theoretical learning and on-the-job learning.
Do you want to stand out from the competition? Secure a work placement while studying.
|Have you followed Successful Graduate on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter yet? Follow the links below.|